NYSC RELEASES STRATEGIES FOR RESUMPTION OF ORIENTATION CAMP
The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) has adopted strategies to be implemented at Orientation Camp for the smooth conduct of the orientation activities when camp reopen.
National youth service Corps – NYSC
Corps members in 2020 Batch ‘A’ Stream 1 and Prospective Corps members should take note these ‘NYSC strategies for the resumption of Orientation Camp’ below. Read We Are On the Verge of Reopening Camp – NYSC Management.
Before we show you the NYSC adopted strategies for the resumption of camp. Recall that the NYSC Director-General, Brig. Gen. Shauibu Ibrahim recently said that number of Corp Members that will be posted to camp will be between 600 to 700.
Before Covid19, NYSC used to post up to 3,000 Corps members to a camp, but now the number will be scaled down from 600 to 700.
This means going for NYSC will now be as difficult as getting a job due to high number of graduates that will be competing. To be among the lucky ones, you need the right information, and the only way you can get information is by visiting nyscinfo.com daily for NYSC news updates.
NYSC strategies for resumption of Orientation Camp
Below is the NYSC of orientation camp preparatory timetable;
Pre-orientation Course Activities
- Decontamination of habitats areas in camp, in addition to strict observance of physical distancing, regular handwashing, avoidance of face touching, sensitising all members of the camp community on cough etiquette (hygiene) and enforcement of the use of face mask.
- Rearrangement of beds for Corps members to allow for two meter spacing as provided for in the Covid19 safety protocol.
- Temperature testing at the point of entry to camps for Corps members, and all other members of camp community. Trained personnel to be engaged on this score.
- States using schools as temporary orientation camps should start liaising with their respective state governments immediately as such schools would be eager to resume after the lifting of restrictions.
- Camp Market operators should be sensitized on Covid19 protocols, and their number scaled down to allow for physical distancing.
- Call-up letters of prospective Corps members shall include all protocols on Covid19 prevention.
- Reduction in the number of Corps participants during each orientation exercise, to free-up space and make for physical distancing.
- Period of registration to be extended to effectively manage the crowd. This is to ensure that there are no large gathering during the registration period.
- Key camp officials are to be trained by NCDC on infection prevention and control (IPC), who will in turn step down the training to other camp officials and corps members.
- Residents consultants from Federal Tertiary Health Institutions are to train Corps medical personnel on management of suspected cases of covid19 on camp.
In Camp Activities
- Restriction of movement during the orientation course, excepting only very essential personnel.
- Compulsory use of face masks by all orientation course participants.
- Introduction of e-learning for some lectures in the camp, the number of lectures to be scaled down to accommodate only very essential ones. Other lectures to be held virtually.
- Hand washing stand and hard sensitizers must be made available at various points in camp.
- There must be strict adherence to social distancing in all camp activities. A committee comprising NYSC officials, representatives of collaborating agencies in camp, and corps members should be constituted, to monitor compliance with the Covid19 protocols.
- Many service points should be created for activities, where corps members are expected to queue up e.g. registration, issuance of kits, collection of meal, payment of allowance, etc.
Accordingly, State/FCT coordinators are required to strengthen camp preparations for safe orientation exercises.
There must be effected liaison with the relevant agencies in the State/FCT to ensure adherence to the implementation of the strategies.
Area Directors are to monitor and report on the level of compliance with the strategies, please.