Categories
Sports

Brazilian Striker, Willian Departs His Hometown After Receiving Death Threats

The 34-year-old winger, who has 70 caps for the Brazilian national side since his debut in 2011, left for Corinthians on a free transfer last summer, but his return has been anything but joyful.

Willian said on Friday that his contract with the club had been canceled and that he would be returning to Europe. The player and Fulham have been mentioned.

Willian told reporters at the Globo Esporte, “I did not come to Brazil to be threatened.

“My family received threats and curses on social media whenever Corinthians lost, as well as occasionally when I was performing poorly in the game. After some time, my wife and daughters began to assault my sister and my father as well.

While Corinthians was in second position in the Brazilian league, the team was ousted from two significant tournaments recently, and some supporters have blasted Willian for his poor play on the field.

“Corinthians accepted the athlete’s termination and the impending contract expiration. Willian claimed to have personal, family, and exile-related issues.

Corinthians issued a statement saying that it regrets the player’s choice but respects it.

Leave a Reply