10 Hot News In Nigeria Today You Should Know | PurpleWorld Nigeria
- CANDIDATE of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the coming governorship election in Edo State, Mr Osagie Ize-Iyamu, has said that a former national chairman of the party, Adams Oshiomhole, is not the face of his campaign.
Ize-Iyamu also alleged that Governor Godwin Obaseki and his deputy, Phillip Shaibu, have recruited student union leaders to disrupt Saturday’s flag-off of his campaign in Benin City.
- A Nasarawa State High Court sitting in Akwanga on Friday voided the sacking of the immediate past Secretary to the Nasarawa State Government, Ahmed Aliyu Tijani.
The Nasarawa State House of Assembly had directed Governor Abdullahi Sule to relieve the former SSG of his appointment over alleged N284.5m unaccounted school projects fund when he served as Commissioner for Education in the state.
- Speaker, Nasarawa State House of Assembly, Hon Ibrahim Balarabe says, the House would appeal the judgment nullifying the indictment of the former Secretary to the Government of the state (SSG), Alhaji Aliyu Ahmed Tijani, over alleged N248.5million unaccounted funds for school projects in the state.
He stated this on Saturday in Lafia while addressing journalists over the high court judgement on Friday, which nullified the indictment of the former SSG.
- Gov. David Umahi of Ebonyi State has advised President Muhammadu Buhari to retain the current armed force service chiefs against the backdrop of calls from several quarters to replace them. Umahi who gave the advice on Friday in Abakaliki while laying the foundation stone of the Nigerian Army Reference Hospital, said that instead of replacing the service chiefs, the president should increase military funding and other logistics as well as enhance programmes that would make them work optimally.
- THE Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board,JAMB, is considering a new date for the commencement of the 2020 admissions processes from the earlier announced date of 22nd August, 2020.
Accordingly, the Board will be meeting all the tertiary institutions on Monday, 10th August, 2020, to brainstorm on the possibility of shifting the commencement of admissions to a date that would better accommodate the vagaries of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom, has confirmed that he has been offered an invitation to rejoin his former political party, the All Progressives Congress.
The Governor made this known during the state congress of the Peoples Democratic Party held at Aper Aku Stadium, Makurdi. The Governor said that after duly conferring with some of his close allies and the PDP state congress, he has turned down the offer.
- The remains of Senator Buruji Kashamu have been laid to rest according to Islamic rites.
At exactly 12:50pm on Sunday, the body of the former Ogun East Senator was lowered into the grave at his Ijebu-Igbo residence in Ogun State.
- Oba of Benin, the Ewuare N’Ogidgan II, says the Palace does not meddle into partisan politics and has no special candidate when it comes to who will become governor of Edo State.
The revered monarch stated this on Saturday when he received the All Progressives Congress’ candidate for the forthcoming election, Osagie Ize-Iyamu, and other governors elected under the platform of APC.
- The National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Ahmed Tinubu, on Sunday expressed sadness over the death of a former federal lawmaker, Buruji Kashamu.
Kashamu, who represented the Ogun East Senatorial District in the Eighth Senate, died at the First Cardiology Consultant, Lagos, on Saturday.
- The Kano State Governor , Abdullahi Ganduje , on Friday alleged that his counterpart in Edo State, Godwin Obaseki, has failed woefully.
Ganduje , who is also the leader of the All Progressives Congress national campaign team for the forthcoming governorship election , claimed Obaseki’ s abysmal performance will make the election a walkover for the APC .
Ganduje and Obaseki were both members of the APC up until recently when the Edo State governor defected to the Peoples Democratic Party after he was disqualified from contesting the APC ticket.