10 Hot News In Nigeria Today | PurpleWorld, PURPLEmedia
- THE federal government has said a total of 500,000 Nigerians have benefited so far in the N-Power scheme just as it confirmed that enrolment for Batch C beneficiaries began yesterday, Friday, June 26, 2020, At 11.45 Pm .
The Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, which said this in a statement Saturday night by its Deputy Director of Press, Rhoda Iliya, gave the breakdown as 200,000 beneficiaries in Batch A while 300,000 in Batch B.
- Ex -President Olusegun Obasanjo has said insecurity is one issue common to Nigerians , regardless of tribe , language , religion , location , gender , age or social position.
He noted that without reforming the federating units , Nigeria would remain insecure , unstable , unprogressive , stagnated and , at worst , disintegrate .
- Oshiomhole’s posters, portraits pulled down at APC secretariat
Barely 24 hours after he was booted out as the national chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), pictures of Comrade Adams Oshiomhole have been removed from the two giant billboards mounted at both the entrance gate and inside the party’s headquarters in Abuja, leaving only President Muhammadu Buhari’s poster.
- NCDC confirms 684 new COVID-19 cases, total now 23,298The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has confirmed 684 new cases of COVID-19 in the country, bringing the total number to 23,298. The NCDC made the announcement on Friday night via its Twitter handle. On the 26th of June 2020, 684 new confirmed cases and 5 deaths were recorded in Nigeria. No new state NCDC confirms 684 new COVID-19 cases, total now 23,298.
- Ajimobis burial to hold on Sunday, to be buried in his mosqueBody of the former governor of Oyo State, Senator Abiola Ajimobi, will be interred on Sunday at the Senator Ishaq Abiola Ajimobi Central Mosque at Oke Ado, Ibadan at noon. Media aide to the late governor, Mr Bolaji Tunji, disclosed the decision of the Ajimobis family in a statement released on Friday evening.
- Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Ibrahim Magu, has said that many Nigerian looters are hiding in Ghana.Magu disclosed this when a delegation of the Chartered Institute of Public Resources Management and Politics visited the EFCC headquarters in Abuja on Friday.
- Delta State governor, Ifeanyi Okowa, on Friday confirmed that one of his daughters tested positive for Coronavirus.Okowa added that he and his wife, Edith, were now self-isolating for the next 14 days.The governor’s daughter was among the 106 positive cases in the state that was announced by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Controlon Thursday night.
- A chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Senator Abubakar Girei has said that President Buhari saved the APC which was about to be destroyed by Comrade Adams Oshiomhole. He said in an interview that the many political troubles that characterized the ruling APC under the erstwhile leadership of Oshiomhole.
- Governor of Kogi State, Yahaya Bello, has debunked claims that there is crisis in the All Progressives Congress, saying about 10 governors elected on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party will soon defect to the APC. He said this while featuring as a guest on Channels Televisions Politics Today, on Friday.
- The Peoples Democratic Party, Governors Forum has enjoined the Independent National Electoral Commission and security agencies to ensure that the September 19 Edo State governorship election is free, fair and credible. CREDIT:PressExpress